Thursday, August 10, 2006

The scarf of aggony

Here are a few of my latest projects. The one on the top is a matching change purse and wallet done with two strands of acrylic worsted weight soft blue and lavender.


The one on the bottom is the scarf from....well you know. It was not an easy project to finish up as seeing it would not stop curling up into a tube shape. Thanks to Anne and the iron it now lays flat. The scarf is also made from Acrylic worsted weight. It is soft blue and soft green.


Since I have finished the scarf, I am going to move on to a chrochet project. I found some yarn that I bought while we where still in Germany, which is going to be turned into a baby blanket for Becky and the newest member of the family. :) I hope to get a good bit of the blanket done while I spend 2 days in the car going to Ohio to see the family.

2 comments:

Sally said...

They look great, Christine! Stockinette will always curl, if you do a small border (both sides) of garter stitch, it won't curl. There are other stitches you can use too, to keep it from curling. Keep up the great work!!!!

Joanna said...

Hi Christine, I just found your new blog and am glad to see you are knitting too ... what fun, no? Keep up the good work!