Sunday, November 05, 2006

It's a sock, It's a mitten and a Bib



Here is the directions to my latest project. I found it really cool that the socks would also work for baby mittens. It took me abouta day to do the mitten part. Then I made an I Cord and attached it to the inside at the row under the fringe. I made the hat a long time ago and go the directions from Knitting Help My second project was a baby bib. I came up with my own pattern for the bib after looking online at some of the patterns.



Baby Bib with Ribbing

Materials: size 8 needles, Cotton worsted weight yarn, 1/2 to 5/8 inch button

Cast on 30 stitches
Row 1: Knit 2, Purl2, alternating till the end of the row, ending on a knit.
Row 2 & 3: repeat Row 1.
Row 4: Knit 2, Purl2, Knit 22, Purl 2, Knit 2. Repeat this row until bib is about 6 inches long.
Finishing: Knit rows 1,2, & 3 again to finish. Knit 5 stitche and place on a stitch holder. Cast off/ bind off 20. Knit the remaining 5 stitches until about 4 inches long. Bind off and put button on. Pick up the 5 stitches off of the stitch holder. knit until about 3 inches long.
button Hole Row: Knit 2, Yarn Over, Knit 2 together, knit one. Knit 5 rows and repeat button hole row. Knit 5 more rows and repeat button hole row. After the 3rd button hole row knit 2 rows and bind off.

2 comments:

Sally said...

It all looks great, Christine!

bevq said...

Hi
I am glad you could use my pattern for the sports socks, but please do not post my actual patterns on your blog without my written permission.
Here is the link:

http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/babytubesocks.html


I don't mind at all if you post a LINK to the pattern on my site, but I really depend on people coming to my website, clicking on ads etc in order to help feed my family, :) and to bring in income so I can keep the patterns on there FREE.

So glad you found my site though and hope you will continue to make items for those in need. :)

HUGS!
Bev
http://www.bevscountrycottage.com
or BLOGIN' along here:
http://bevq.blogspot.com