Thursday, January 18, 2007

Felting 101

In preperation for Color Spectrum 2.0 I have went and bought all of my yarn that I will need. I found some crochet thread that is 88% cotton and 12% silver metalic. To go with the metalic thread I picked up some red and black wool.


Since I've never felted I knitted up a 4.5 inch by 4.5inch square using the metalic thread as a carrying yarn. Then put it in the washer with a some dark cloths in a mesh laundry bag. After that I put it in the dryer on high heat. Here are the before and after pics. The square is now about 4 inches by 4 inches. Before is on the Right and fter is on the Left

1 comment:

Joanna said...

You've been busy! Waiting for Brian, made a cake, a batch of trash, and the gunbo! At least we will eat well. So wish you and Michelle could have come, thought I know it is a long way.