Sunday, January 14, 2007

Socks & Color Spectrum

The first sock for the Sockentine Sock Swap is finished. After only three different starts, I can say I am proud of my work. Also, I managed to graft the toe and it look pretty darn good, if I do say so. Now its time to find skein #2 of said yar to knit the 2nd sock. I would like to have the 2nd sock done by next weekend so I can get them mailed.

Since my birthday was last Tuesday, i went ahead, broke down, and ordered the Knit Picks Options Needles. you know the ones for $59.99. Yeah I debated it out for awhile, then said, "Self you don't have any circulars. This would sove that problem." So the problem of buying individual circulars was solved. I am awaiting said needles so I can knit a potato chip scarf, whick I am looking forward to, seeingas its only and 9 row scarf. The down side is that it ends up being 12 feet long. I am REALLY thinkingabout modifying the scarf to make it a little shorter.

I am also going to participate in Lolly's Color Spectrum II. The colors for February/March are Blue, White & Grey. For this part of the project I hav desided to tackle a Striped Sweater from Debbie Bliss' Simply Baby. I dont think I'm truly ready to knit an adult size sweater. That isstill too much of an undertaking for me. Lord the socks I'm working on now have been bad enough. LOL The funny thing about hte sweater is I can't remember if I ordered the yarn form Knit Pick with hte needles LOL If not I'll just trek down ot Michael's or Hobby Lobby to get the yarn.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Wow! Love the new look of your blog - it is great!