Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I killed it

Monday was just a normal day UNTIL my computer locked up then began to make a beeping noise and had to be given a hard shut down. Meaning I had to turn of the power by turning off the power strip. So I turn the power back on and NOTHING. So Brian opened it up to take a look and decided that the inside needed blown out, which he did. the tried to turn it on again, STILL nothing. The downside to this is that I have knitting patterns on my computer. The upside, I can take the hard drive out and get the stuff I need off of it. I'm an hoping that what ever is wrong is a cheap fix. One of the perks to building your own computer is that you can replace parts with out voiding a warranty :) I an praying it is not the mother board but the power supply. So we'll have to see what Brian finds out when e tears it apart tonight after work.

1 comment:

Sally said...

Really too bad, Christine, but nice that Brian can likely fix it--as you say, the building your own computer thing....
I hope it all works out and is up and running soon!
Love,
Mom